Saturday 12 April 2014

Brownies Smothered in Nutella Butter-cream Frosting

I saw this AMAZING recipe for Nutella Butter-cream Frosting on Pinterest and knew I had to make it! So for the last week that I have been drooling over this recipe I was debating cupcakes, cake, or brownies as a base for the frosting to enter my mouth; I finally settled on brownies.  (Even though every time I saw this photo below on the original recipe I wanted to make a batch and eat the whole bowl.)
Photo from http://www.kitchentreaty.com/fluffy-nutella-buttercream-frosting/
I also chose brownies because I decided to make the brownies for 60 people that are going on a Volkswagon Cruise tomorrow. So I started off with a tried and true recipe from my Betty Crocker Cookbook for Chocolate Brownies, with a few modifications (this recipe makes 2 9x13 trays of brownies) 

2 cups butter
¼ cup shortening
½ cup and 1 tbsp cocoa powder
5 ¼ cups of sugar
9 eggs
2 tbsp vanilla
3 cups flower
2 cups walnuts (optional)
  1. Melt the butter and shortening then add the cocoa powder
  2. Stir sugar, eggs, vanilla, and flower together
  3. Combine egg mixture with cocoa mixture
  4. Stir in nuts (if you are using them)
  5. Bake in 2 9x13 (lasagna) greased dishes at 350 for 35-45 min.
  6. Cool for 2 hours in baking pans and then frost and cut. (makes 60)

I Gathered together all my ingredients to get started.

Well if you did all the math from all the sugar and fat these brownies have 4 cups of butter, 4 cups of icing sugar, and 5 ¼ cups of sugar this is what is looks like. Scary eh? Almost makes you never want sweets again. I know It makes me want to find a new, less sweet Brownie recipe, but at least it's not like you eat them often.

Here is the frosting. Doesn't it look delicious? I assure you it is.
 

Here are my brownies baking in the oven.

Calorie Breakdown:
Butter= 6508, Icing sugar= 1868, Sugar= 4058, Nutella= 2133, Shortening= 453, Flower =1734, Cocoa Powder= 1860, Eggs= 644, Vanilla=96, Walnuts= 1532, Whipping Cream= 16
Total for 2 pans =20,902 but keep in mind there are 60 servings so each serving is only 348 calories. OMGH I guess I will not be eating many of these. Oh well, they are very good. :)


Thanks for checking out my blog, I hope you enjoy this post and try the recipe.
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

You May also like: