Thursday 24 March 2016

Golden Feather Birthday

Hello crafters, Today I am participating in a few challenges. They are the Color Thowdown #385, and CAS Colours and Sketches #166. To make this card I masked off 5 rounded rectangles and sponged through them Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Tempting Turquoise, and Island Indago. After the five shapes were sponged onto the card I added the greeting from Wetlands Stamp Set in Bermuda Bay. I cut the Feathers in Gold Metalic CS using my Shilouette. I made them a little more detailed by drawing some detail on them using my embossing (scoring) stylus. I popped the middle feather up using dimentionals.
Here is my creation, Let me know what you think, could this be used for a guy?

Here is a close-up on the feathers:

Here is the colour combo and sketch for this card:
 
Thanks for stopping by,
Stay creative my darlings,
-Jill

13 comments:

  1. Love the gold feathers against the color blocks! Beautiful design! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card - love the blue/green ombre paired with the gold feathers! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shades of aqua, love the paint chart effect you've achieved. Thanks for playing at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those gold feathers!! Great CAS card and so glad you joined us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jill - I love the ombre looks that you've created here along with the gold. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those golden feathers are stunning and they look wonderful against the ombre style background. Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Feathers looks so elegant when they're gold, don't you think? Love the colour block ombre BG that shows them off to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the idea of masking and then sponging the ombre effect. Will have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome, Jill. Congrats on your mention at Colour Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The feathers look great against the blocks of color - and yes, I do think this card would be equally appropriate to give to a man or a woman. Thanks for sharing it with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You May also like: