Sunday 10 July 2016

Happy Puzzle

Hello Internet lovelies, 
Today I am sharing with you a card I made for the CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge #181. This week's challenge is to make a card using Cucumber Crush, Soft Suede, and Elegant Eggplant. The Challenge also said that "You may also use white, ivory, kraft, or black for your card base and layers, for image outlines, or for sentiments," So I used some Kraft too to make it lighter. -I tried Soft Suede as a background and it was too dark.


For the Puzzle I sponged a piece of Whisper White cardstock with Cucumber Crush, Soft Suede, and Elegant Eggplant. I than ran it through my Silhouette Cameo to cut it into a puzzle. I glued it on slightly off centre to add visual interest, and added a die-cut greeting that I also cut with my Silhouette Cameo. Then I just layered it onto a card base.

Here is a close-up on the details:

Here is the Colour Combo for this card:

Thanks for stopping by, 
Stay Creative my darlings,
-Jill

4 comments:

  1. Fun card! Love the puzzle! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The puzzle adds a fun touch to your card! I like the random effect of the sponged colors. Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that puzzle effect, great idea! And a lovely use of the colours. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill - what a fun card, I've never seen a jigsaw puzzle die before. It's really effective. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week. Liz x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You May also like: