Monday 27 June 2016

My Ideal Weight T-Shirt

Good day Friends,
 I don't know about you but I don't care how much I weigh... at least not anymore.  As someone who is relatively healthy, is physically active, and goes to the gym three times a week I am mostly happy with who I see in the mirror. I wasn't always, and still I have issues. I struggled with dangerous ways to get or stay a size or weight in the past. 
I understand that not everyone is currently happy with their body but I think we can all (unless under a doctor's care for weight loss) ease up on the numbers game where the scale is the way we measure health. 
My health is not determined by some number on the scale, and neither should my happiness be. Odd as it may be I find I am happier when I am blissfully ignorant of how much I weigh rather than concerned about how many pounds I've put on or lost over a period of time. I want to feel good in my skin, attractive to my spouse, comfortable in physical tasks, and able to tackle new challenges; to me that is health. But I'm no health/fitness/diet expert so what do I really know.

 Anyways I stumbles across this great shirt on Dwayne Johnson's Instagram in December and I laughed out loud at how funny and appropriate it was for how I feel about numbers on a scale.

I knew right away that I wanted to DIY it and I finally got it done last week and rocked it out at the gym last week. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is an amazing man. He is motivating, humble, determined, charitable, kindhearted, and has strong character; in all he is a great role model in and out of the gym, and this shirt is hilarious!
First I made a stencil out of freezer paper and centered it on my shirt and adhered it using the iron.

Next I painted one coat of white fabric paint over the stencil.

I pealed off the stencil.

Of course my cat wanted to wear the shirt before me because we all love The Rock.
 

Then I wore it to my work out.

 I hope you like this shirt and think it is as funny as I do. My husband totally lol'd. 
Stay creative my darlings,
Thanks for stopping by,
Don't let the muggles get you down, 
And remember you are a beautiful work of heart!
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

You May also like: