Wednesday 20 May 2015

A Bright 26th

Happy Wednesday internet friends, 
Today I want to share an adorable birthday card I made for one of my best friends for her 26th Birthday this year. To make this card I used inspiration from Colour Me Creative Challenge #72 and Paper Craft Crew sketch #145. A cute layout and a fabulous color combo.


The colours for this card are Bermuda Bay, Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight, and Whisper White. I took the provided sketch and rotated it to get this look.
To make this card I first spritzed the front of a 6x6 Whisper White card base with Pear Pizzazz mixed with rubbing alcohol. I added a piece of retired DSP (only now realizing it it Coastal Cabana... oops) layered with some retired So Saffron Grosgrain ribbon. I also added one piece of Daffodil Delight stamped with Gorgeous Grunge, and one piece of Daffodil Delight with Gold Washi tape.
I used a piece of Pear Pizzazz in the Modern Label Shape and layered it with the chalk talk framelits.
I stamped the sentiment on Whisper White CS and coloured it in with Bermuda Bay and then layered it with a piece of vellum, both were cut with the tag from the chalk talk framelits. I also added a clip and a simply pressed clay button embellished with white bakers twine.
To make the butterfly I sponged a piece of Whisper White with Bermuda Bay, Pear Pizzazz, and Daffodil Delight. I then cut out the butterfly with my Silhouette Cameo. I added some sparkle with the retired smooch paint and an old sponge. This card is beautiful (but quite bulky when I mail it), I hope my bestie appreciates it when she gets it next month.

Here is a close-up of some of the details of the card. 
     

Here is the colour combo and sketch for this card:
 Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch 145. #stampinup #papercraftcrew

Thank you for checking in today, 
Stay creative my Darlings, 
-Jill

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jill, I love how you turned our sketch on it's side for your card It looks great, and I love the butterfly focalpiece and chevrons in the corner! Great creativity. Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Craft Crew! Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, Jill. I love the way you've combined the two challenges and have turned our sketch on its side. Nicely done! The ombre tone of the butterfly with the added smooch glitz really creates a striking look. Love it! Thanks so much for joining us for the Paper Craft Crew Sketch challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great collage style caqrd, Jill! I love the layout and the pretty ombre butterfly. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the fun scrappy feel and the pretty butterfly! Thank you for joining us at Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill, I love your card! Great use of the sketch and turning it on the side. The washi tape is awesome (I never thought of layering like that overlapping). Great Colors. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew. Look for your card to be featured on this weeks Featured Artisan blog post.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You May also like: