Wednesday 13 May 2015

Watermelon Birthday

Hello friends,
Today I wanted to create a card and participate in a card challenge or two. Today's card is an entry in two card challenges, the first one is a sketch from As You See It Challenge #86, and the second is a colour combo from Colour Me CMCC #71. I liked the light and fun watermelon color combo and the cute playful sketch.

 

The only thing I couldn't decide on was weather I preferred the black or white text on the "Happy Birthday" greeting, I think both are nice, The white is softer and feminine and the black is more of the watermelon feeling in the inspiration photo. 

To make this card I used Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz, Pink Pirouette, Basic Grey, Whisper White, and Silver Metallic for the color combo. I stamped the Dictionary Background on the Melon Mambo CS, Layered the Pink Pirouette and Melon Mambo on top of the Whisper White and then added stitching with my sewing machine. This piece was popped up using dimensionals.
I then added the strip of Basic Grey CS from my scraps stash, tied some metallic silver bakers twine around the front of the card, added some itty bitty pearls and the focal greeting.
For the focal greeting I used Yippee-Skippee and Banner Greetings (Hostess) stamp sets. The "Yippee-Skippee" was stampeds with Pear Pizzazz ink on Pear Pizzazz CS and the "Happy Birthday" was stamped with Pear Pizzazz ink on Whisper White CS (in the Black version I also went over the text with a fine tip marker). I also flagged the greetings by bending them with my bone folder to make them pop. The flower was made with three punched out flowers using the petite petals punch and topped off with a large pearl. Both greetings and the flower were then layered on a piece of silver metallic paper punched with the decorative label punch.

 Here is a close -up of the details in both the black and white versions. Which do you prefer, the black or white?
  

Here are the two challenges that inspired this card.
AYSIChallenge086 

Thanks for checking me out today. 
Be creative my friends.
-Jill

4 comments:

  1. love the layout and the stitching - thanks for sharing your lovely card at Colour me...! this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this, Jill! so glad you played at As You See It! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your colour and all your design elements, Jill. Good to see you back at As You See It Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love your fun angles and layers! The stitching is a great touch :) Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Me...! this week.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You May also like: