Wednesday 20 May 2015

Sunflower Restful Days

Hello Crafters,
Today I spent a nice chunk of time in my craft room (about 4 hours) to complete a few challenge cards. Today I am participating in the As You See It Challenge #87 and Color Throwdown #343 challenges. I love the light and bring feeling of the get well card, it would perk me right up!


To make the card I used Bermuda Bay, Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight and Whisper White. I used the SU Honeycomb Embossing folder stamped with temping turquoise and the brayer to transfer the pattern to the card stock. I then added the greeting from "Thoughts and Prayers" and cut a couple slits with my paper trimmer. Then I threaded the Daffodil CS though these slits.
The ribbon is not SU, and the burlap is naturally crumb cake coloured but I dyed it with re-inker and rubbing alcohol. The flower is the Pansy Punch and The Petite Flower Punch  layered. After I punched out the pansies I used my scissors to trim them up quite a bit. (they actually looked so sad alone but much better after they were layered together. 

Here is a close-up of the details of the card:
  

Here are the sketch and colors for this card:
AYSIChallenge087 

Thanks for stopping by today, 
Stay creative my darlings,
-Jill

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful use of the throwdown colors! Love the dimensional flower! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flower, Jill. and the strip of burlap is awesome! Thanks for playing along this week at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You May also like: